Spay and Neuter
We care about the Ponce community along with the entire pet population. That’s why we’re committed to making our spay and neuter services accessible, friendly and professional. Millions of otherwise healthy pets are euthanized every year in animal shelters. By getting your loving companion spayed or neutered, you’ll avoid contributing to the pet homelessness epidemic.
Perhaps one of the best investments you can make towards the life of your pet is getting them spayed or neutered. You’ll avoid the costs of caring for litters from unwanted pregnancies and you may not have to deal with things like cancer, tumors, and cysts. The benefits of pet spay and neuter could help your furry friend live a longer, happier life. The drawbacks to not getting them spayed or neutered include:
- Males can develop prostate problems.
- Females go into a disruptive heat cycle.
- Females can have unwanted pregnancies.
- Males could spray urine around your yard and in your house to mark their territory.
- Males could mount objects or other animals.
- Increased testosterone in males can contribute to aggressive tendencies.